Ballet, tap, salsa, belly, square, hip hop . . . every type of dance has its own different moves. From the head to the hands to the hips to the feet, each part of the body moves in a particular manner at a particular time in order for everything to come together. Beautiful dance occurs when everything moves at the right time and as that happens, everything else seems to fall into place.
So . . . that brings me to my current dance. It hit me yesterday that I have a pattern in life (don't ask me where I took lessons) where I begin a dance, start to get the moves down, head in the right direction and then BAM! I trip somewhere on the dance floor and end up making a clumsy move that sets me back in the music by at least a few steps. I can recover (always have, always will), yet it may take a moment or two to catch the beat and rhythm of the music again. My stumble doesn't tell me I'm a terrible dancer or that I should leave the floor altogether; rather, it just reminds me that I'm not yet where I want to be and still have some learning to do. And even though as of now I'm still dancing solo, I know it won't remain that way forever. One day I will be guided to the floor by someone who wants to dance with me--stumbles, slips, toe-stepping and all--and we will become permanent partners, gracefully (and not-so-gracefully) moving to the music together. I look forward to that day. Until then, I'll be the creative dancer I am and will just boogie to the music in my own special way.
So whether it be tap, jazz, or ball room . . . I'll learn where to put my feet when. There is one dance I'm not so sure I'll ever master, though. It's called LIFE, and it's the most intricate dance of them all.
ride the Waves. {a birth story}
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment