This strong, smart, courageous, fun-loving, energetic, and excited almost 24 year old is looking to find a new attitude as the one on her plate today does NOT meet her usual extremely high standards! Instead of the positive, bright, and cheerful demeanor she usually finds herself in, a number of circumstances have dampened the spirits of the day:
1. It's raining. Beyond that, the weather that has brought the much-needed moisture to our land is not conducive to playing in. : (
2. Best friend is MIA. My long-awaited ice cream date with a dear friend has seemingly been cancelled. Despite several contacts on my part (in person, over the phone, and by email), there has been nothing in terms of returned communication today. I'm sure the miss is not intentional, however I am saddened I will not get to see her as planned. More than that, though, I also am a little bit worried since the no-show and no-contact move is not like her. I do hope everything is okay.
3. The computer crashed. All 5000 photographs, dozens of important documents, and several forms and code lists (work-related) that were saved are gone forever. The kicker is, the back-up disc on which everything had been saved in case something outrageous like this happens (I'm too smart and too anal to not be prepared for something like this), is corrupted. Turns out it was re-formatted incorrectly by an un-named party who was attempting to help me out prior to the crash. God bless my mother.
4. Tomorrow is Monday. Normally, this point alone means nothing since my attitude is generally up-beat regardless of the day of the week (although admittedly a little extra effort is usually needed to keep Monday in good light), HOWEVER . . . the fact that today hasn't gone exactly as planned on top of the fact that I get to go to work bright and early tomorrow morning (and the big cheeses will be back in the office) seems to be contributing to the gloomy aura of the day. Knowing that Raleigh's short yet sweet vacation is also over has me a bit on the sad end as well. Somehow I felt more comfortable and relaxed knowing he was enjoying himself and knowing those long hard days of sleeping in are over is less than exciting for both of us, I'm sure.
Alright, that's about it. I am not able to bring myself to list any other semi-negative aspects to the day as I don't want to focus on them. Really, I don't. I'd much rather focus on the positive things and all the wonderful people that are present in my life. I am SO grateful for every single one of them and if I were to list them out, I'd see they far outweigh the measly 4 items I've listed above.
So that's that. A new attitude is wanted? Consider it done. Attitude adjusted. : )
ride the Waves. {a birth story}
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment