I have a stalker. A serious stalker, yet I'm quite okay with it. Let me explain.
It's been four full days since Valentine's Day, and I'm still smiling. Contrary to this time last year (see my previous blog titled "All this pink and red is turning me GREEN!" for more details), for weeks I was actually full of gleeful anticipation for this holiday and was excited to see what it would bring. The gift(s), I was sure, would most likely come . . . but it was the time I would spend with the man I love that excited me the most!
Well, first of all, I was sent to work with a sweet kiss, a beautiful arrangement of bright fuschia orchids, and a cute little heart box carefully packed with chunks of homemade fudge, cleverly shaped in little "x's" and "o's," single and paired hearts. How much better could the day possibly get? Well, after a long day at work, I managed to make my way through two hours of traffic and snow and as soon as I pushed open the door and saw his face, I knew. This is what Valentine's Day--and everyday we get to be with those we love--is all about.
We played a fiesty game of racquetball (I kicked butt, for all those who are curious ), came home and made dinner (as usual, Chef Raleigh rocked my world with a more-than-delectable meal), and then sat and talked on the couch. Simple pleasures, I suppose, but I wouldn't change it for the world. It was perfect.
The celebration continued after February 14th as well, as just a couple days ago I noticed some bright red particles on the floor surrounding my desk at work. I casually pulled out my checkbook to write a check and smiled, as it was clear my purse was filled with hundreds of little red confetti hearts. I sent a text questioning how so many hearts might have gotten in my purse, and was told that "cupid must have run out of arrows," so that was that. I was hit right where it counts, and it continues to be as true now as it was nearly a year ago . . . I am in love.
So as we continually choose it to be, every day is as special as Valentine's Day. Not because we give each other random gifts or send surprises back and forth, but simply because we are together and enjoy every minute we get to spend in each other's presence.
So . . . I don't know if he gets paid overtime or not, but Cupid often comes with me to work and follows me home, finds me in the grocery store and at the gym . . . the little bugger really seems to pop up everywhere. That's more than okay with me though, for as long as Raleigh's the other target, Cupid can follow me anywhere.
ride the Waves. {a birth story}
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment