Laundry.
Dishes.
Write Thank You notes.
Sort mail.
Work on journals/baby books.
Upload and order photographs.
Organize baby gear and hand-me-down clothing.
I have SO much to do. Really, the list is quite exhausting.
Yet instead of any of these, I choose to hold my babies. Stroke their hair. Trace my finger over their soft cheeks, and lay a gentle kiss upon each one. Soak in each moment of this never-to-be-repeated day in their babyhood.
I choose to sit on the floor with Blake midday, barefoot and in our pajamas, and stack blocks as quickly as possible before he knocks them to the floor. To delight in his boyish giggle and that irresistible toothy smile. To remember how happy he is to simply have me here, playing with him.
I choose to breathe deeply, and remember that today is just one day. One day, that I will never get to see again. So take it in, I will.
Everything else can wait.
ride the Waves. {a birth story}
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment