Friday, February 24, 2006

My Time Will Come

Ever have those moments where you're extremely happy for someone you care about, are excited they're getting exactly what they want, and wholeheartedly know that they're worth every ounce of the joy they're experiencing . . . yet are a tad bit sad (and jealous even) that you're not in their shoes, experiencing those same great feelings in your life? Well, I think I've found myself there today as my dearest friend has found herself floating on the highest cloud with a sweet man who treats her well and at this point, is a Prince Charming through and through. And here I sit in my own fog of bewilderment and ambiguity, watching in awe and excitement as she floats above me, and wondering when my time will come to soar high? And even though I ask this question, I truly believe (and know that I know) I know the answer. My time will come when it is meant to come. I may not have an exact date written down in the books (as I prefer them to be--I'm such an analyst), however usually things don't work out that way. Look at my dear friend, Debbie, for example . . . she wasn't anticipating anything and then WHAM! she flew into the sky quicker than anyone might think. It was practically overnight. So that leads me to consider my life, and realize the possibility of something amazing happening tomorrow is great. And if tomorrow is not the day, the next day might be, or even the day after that . . . as I told Debbie (I'm so smart), there is no set timeline for these things. Right?

So knowing all this, why do I let my mind take me to that place of sadness and jealously (even though it's minute and short-lived), where it seems there is no hope? I know that is as far from the truth as possible, so it's silly to even go there. My best guess is that these feelings mean one thing--I am human. And for that I am grateful. Feelings such as this verify that I am alive and am a wonderful, active, strong being that is truly LIVING my life, and EXPERIENCING all life has to offer. I have more than just an inkling that it's times like these that make the floating-high-in-the-sky moments so amazing. After all, how would we know to appreciate the light of the sun if we didn't ever experience the darkness of night?

And no matter how dark the sky may be, in my world there are bright stars sparkling overhead. Perhaps they've been placed there to remind me just how blessed I am . . . in good times and the even better times to come.

Yes. My time will come. I am sure of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment