Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Best Weekend EVER! (Pt. 1)

Ok so yesterday was the best, and when I say that, I mean THE BEST!  We had our 20 week ultrasound, which even after just the first few passes of the wand we could make out the image of the most beautiful face we've ever seen.  Oh my--he/she is incredible!  Two eyes, a nose, lips, two ears, hands and feet . . . all where they should be.  He/she had their arms bent up near their head, to which I teased Raleigh: "He/She sleeps just like you do!"  We could count fingers and toes, and once baby sat still long enough (he/she was wiggling around so much the ultrasound tech had trouble keeping up), even the individual vertebrae in the spine were visible.  All of baby's measurements look good, and we could see all 4 chambers of the heart, different parts of the brain, and when the tech turned on a special color-coded function to see movement of liquids, baby's blood vessels lit up clearly.

Baby's profile
Five little fingers . . .
Squirming away, we got the spine!
Baby was moving around so much that several times we had to look away so as not to see a peek of their girlie or boy parts.  (We told the tech not to tell us either way, though afterwards she confirmed it was pretty obvious to her.)

All in all, it was just WONDERFUL!  It felt SO good to see with my own two eyes all is well.  Raleigh held my hand the whole time, and gave me gentle squeezes every now and then as a silent "I love you" message I picked up right away.  It was just such an awesome experience.  (And once again, Raleigh had to wipe a few tears away.)  :)
Face on right side, looking out.

After we left the doctor's office in a fog of bliss and amazement, we went to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our baby's health and the halfway point in our pregnancy.  At dinner I gave Raleigh a new MLS ring wrapped carefully in an "All Star Dad" mug, as a reminder of what an amazing man he is to both baby and me.  By the look in his eyes and the words that followed, I think he liked it.  In fact, I know he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment