Sunday, October 23, 2011

Our Little Pumpkin

Ok, so here we have it--our little pumpkin.  Twenty-four weeks in the making, and totally visible on this beautiful autumn day.


It's hard to believe that in less the time that he/she has been with us inside my belly, they'll really be with us, outside my belly and here in our arms.  And this time next year, be walking (with help, I'm sure) around the pumpkin patch as well, taking mommy and daddy every which way through the tall grasses, finding big and little pumpkins to consider taking home.  Carefully watching the animals in the petting zoo, and maybe even imitating some of the sounds they make.  Sitting on the hay bales, playing in the corn box, meandering through the tot-sized maze of straw and cornstalks, peeking their head through the painted cutouts of halloween figures so mommy can take a picture to send to grandmas and grandpas . . . Ahh, I look forward to that time.

And yet in the meantime, I'm enjoying our little pumpkin right where he/she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment