Monday, December 5, 2011

Showered with Love

On Saturday, December 3, 2011 I was surrounded by an amazing group of women (and two lovely little girls) and was completely and absolutely showered with love.  Megan--my friend of over 15 years or so now--generously hosted a baby shower in honor of Raleigh's and my impending parenthood.  Despite the cold weather and wet streets (the snow was flying hard in certain parts of town), many showed up to help celebrate the gift of Little E and his/her imminent entrance into the world.

As a special treat, the women contributed to a charm bracelet for me, to support me emotionally during our labor and delivery.  (Megan said it was the next best thing to having each of them in the room with us, and I agree!)  As each person added their charm, they explained why they chose what they did and more so, some piece of advice or well-wish for me/us.  I will forever hold the words shared in my heart . . .

Below are some of the photos from the day.  Thank you to everyone who came, and to Megan for such a wonderful gift--I felt so loved!

The ladies in my "circle"


 
My bracelet of strength and love

No comments:

Post a Comment