Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore; it's starting to look a bit more like Florida . . .
Yesterday I was approached by my boss with a rather large proposal to move to another state (can you guess which one?) for 2 years to help set up a branch office, train staff, and get things moving smoothly. The benefits include a slight pay raise, a promotion by title, and the experience I'd gain from making the move and stepping into such a leadership position. Oh, and not to forget the warm weather and near proximity to the beach. :) The drawbacks include: first and foremost, being away from my friends and family whom I love very much, moving out of my condo (which I've worked so hard for and have totally made mine), and leaving my current job duties (which I love) far behind to take on a completely different role in my field. I know two years doesn't sound like too long to some, however if it doesn't turn out like I envision it, two years (no matter where I'm at) can be a very long time.
I'm still attempting to analyze the situation from every angle before I make my final decision (which shouldn't be a problem since I'm the best thinker and over-thinker in town ), however I've got so many thoughts rolling around in my head right now I feel as though I'm caught in a twister with no real sense of which direction will bring me out of the dark chaos into the light of peace again. I keep hearing voices swirl around me telling me which way to lean and why I should lean that way and how one direction is better, smarter, or more right than the other . . . and I feel the tug of friends and family wanting to support and encourage me to take the risk yet secretly wishing me not to leave . . . and I'm fully experiencing the fear and uncertainty of the unknown in front of me regardless of my decision . . . Argh! Why am I making this so tough?!
I definitely see that I'm not really going anywhere fast when it comes to arriving at a final decision to go or stay, however every day I think and pray about it a little more and every day I come a little bit closer to my answer. I'm not revealing that yet (not until I'm 100% positive my answer is final and I'm completely at peace with it), however the other side of the rainbow isn't too far away. I'll catch you all on the flip side . . .
ride the Waves. {a birth story}
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment