I love how you move my hair away from my eyes and then kiss me. I love how you don't just hold my hand, but instead move your thumb over the inside of my palm to make sure I know you're still there. I love how you wear your wedding ring even while you sleep, and say you feel "naked" when you have to leave it at home to go to work. I love it when you kiss my forehead or the tip of my nose, and when you rub the kisses I blow towards you into your cheeks so they don't float past your face. I love the gentle touch of your fingers on my back, tracing my spine. I love how you think I'm beautiful even when I'm in jeans and a t-shirt. I love how you sneak a kiss at random moments and stick your hands into my back pants pockets when holding me. I love how you let me sleep on your chest and snuggle into your arms at night, even if it's a million degrees in the house and we're both already sweaty. I love how you call me at random points during the day not to say anything specific, but just to hear the sound of my voice. I love how you sometimes refer to me as "Gorgeous" or "Beautiful" or "Sweetheart" or "Hottie McHotterson" instead of my name. I love it when we sit outside on the porch together, in the quiet of the evening, completely barefoot, sharing dinner and conversation, and caring about nothing outside of that particular moment. I love how you text me with little love notes at indiscriminate moments throughout the day or night, confirming that you think of me as often as I think of you. I love the way your eyes sparkle in the moonlight and how you pull me close to your face just to stare into mine. I love how you purr into my ear to make me giggle; how we have words and phrases copyright protected (with a kiss as the only acceptable method of payment for infractions), and purposely say those words and phrases to increase our payable debt. I love how you put your arms around my waist and give me hugs when I'm least expecting it. How you get near my neck and proceed to tell me that I smell awesome. I love how you keep every little love note I've ever given you, reaffirming my numerous random acts of affection are most appreciated. I love the way you want the best for me--and are sure to show me that you're willing to do whatever it takes to make sure I get nothing less than exactly that. I love how you tell your friends about me, and don't attempt to play our relationship "cool" when it comes to telling the how it is--you allow your passion for us to shine through. I love how you always want "just one more" kiss. I love how you run your fingers through my hair, when it's wet or dry, and how you gently tug on it when kissing me. I love it when you allow my hair to cascade down around your face and I can stare at you through the shadows, watching your bright blue eyes dance in the brightness made by the light above me. I love the way you listen to me--allowing me to vent when I want to, cry when I want to, celebrate and laugh when I want to. I love it when you drive near flowing sprinklers when my window is down, just to get me wet and make me giggle. I love your Eskimo nose rubs and the many gentle kisses that follow. I love how you place my love notes to you out in the open where you--and everybody--can see them on a regular basis. You think I look cute moonwalking out of my socks and stuffing tissue paper up my nostrils and every other dorky thing I do simply because that's me. I love how you hold my hand to guide me through a crowd when we're out together. I love the random note or email message I find from time to time, telling me just how much you think about and love me. I love how you lay out some goofy moves on the dance floor just to be silly. I love how you cuddle, being sure to pull and keep me right next to you. I love how you get along well with all of my friends, and have made an effort to get to know them outside of me. I love how you let me eat off your fork or drink out of your glass without even thinking twice about it. How you make funny faces just to see me smile, and how you raise your left eyebrow and smirk when you can see I'm thinking about something that most likely involves you. I love how you gently stroke the back of my neck with your fingers because you know it drives me crazy and you love to see me smile and squirm. I love how you do casual things with me just to be near me, like paying bills, going for a walk, or simply sitting on a bench outside. I love how you let me show you constellations in the starry sky at night, and how you pull me close to keep me warm when it's chilly outside. I love the way you scrunch your face when attempting to make fishy kisses . . . and how you play along with me when I pucker up with fishy lips to you. I love it when you take me on a motorcycle ride, and you carefully bundle me up in all your gear (even if slightly too big) just to make sure I'm as safe as possible; especially the way you look at me when you hook the strap on my helmet. I love how you take care of me when I'm not feeling well, expressing to me in both word and action that you love me and want me to feel my best. I love how you encourage me to eat protein or drink orange juice, even if I don't want to, just because you want me to remain healthy and strong. How you decorate the walls with hubcaps and other car parts, and yet work hard to create space that is clearly ours, slowly transforming a house into our home. I love how you make it a point to contact me even when you're gone on a long trip with family you care very much about, as when you do, I know you care very much about me too. I love how you're friends with my family and how you continually include them in our lives, showing me you're committed to supporting me in nurturing the relationships I find most important. I love how you look into my eyes when there's really nothing to be said because I know what you're most likely thinking. I love how you talk to me as you're falling asleep (often making bets and all) . . . and have no recollection of our conversation in the morning. I love how you hold my hand or rub my leg under the table when we're out with friends, showing me that despite what's going on, you are still attentive to me. I love how you hold me and cuddle in the mornings, keeping your arms tight around me so I know you're there and awake, just wanting to be nearby. I love your bright blue eyes, and the look I see in them when we have a "staredown" in which both of us emerge victorious--even the loser. I love how you make me laugh like no one else can. How we can lie in bed for hours on end and talk about love, life, and everything in between with no real agenda other than being with each other. I love how we can sleep the day away . . . together. I love how you play with my hair, pulling it tight from time to time to coerce my face in one direction or another. I love your passion for pickles and your ingenuity in the kitchen. I love the sound of your snoring, as I know you're as comfortable in my presence when asleep as I am in yours. I love your distinctive handwriting--especially when it comes to reading your name, my name, or "I love you". I love how you didn't want to erase the first magic mirror love note . . . and that you said you were "heartbroken" when you accidentally began to. I love your flat left thumbnail and your "abnormally high ass crack". And how you use your air compressor as a cleaning tool. I love how you stick out your tongue during swing dancing, and how you giggle with me (not at me) when I step out of place or twirl out of control. I love how we can talk about anything . . . anytime. I love how you encourage others to see and acknowledge their greatness. The way you walk . . . especially when your jeans are slipping down. I love your sarcastic comebacks to my sarcastic comments. I love the sound of your voice, in both a normal tone and a whisper that tickles my ear. High-pitched squeals and sexy office tones are great too. I love how you massage my lower back or upper arm when sitting next to me, holding me close even when in public. I love your courageousness and willingness to share your heart with me--especially when it's not easy. I love the look on your face when I show up to where you are, unannounced, and your committment to never leave the house without a kiss and hug. I love how you hold me tight when lying next to me, reassuring me that you love me and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I love cooking dinner with you in the kitchen, making love to you in the bedroom, and teasing you everywhere in between. I love the "xoxoxoxoxo" closing in your emails and the freckle on your face under your right eye. I love the way you tickle me with your facial hair. I love the way you trust me and hold me capable to do the things I know how to do. The way you allow me to be me and expect nothing more, nothing less. More than that, I love that you allow me to give you the same. Raleigh, I love you.
You have my heart, K
ride the Waves. {a birth story}
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment